<<< psst! you can see a full list of my diy projects here! >>>
time : minutes
difficulty : ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
hazards : you've got to whip out the iron
would i do it again? : yes!
this easy project was inspired by american apparel's helvetica tee.
first things first: i meant to buy a no-pocket shirt. i thought i bought a no-pocket shirt. but, alas, when i went to place the letters, i said to myself, "what's that pocket doing there??" i made it work. :)
onto the project: i printed out uppercase and lowercase Ks in the desired helvetica font, using the page rulers to gauge how big was big enough. this will depend on the size of the t-shirt and personal preference.
i traced the letters onto wonder under fusible web (which i purchased by the yard at joann fabrics).
after cutting the letters out, i flipped them over and traced them backwards onto the back of my fabric:
i was left with a set of fusible web letters and a set of fabric letters:
after positioning the fusible web letters onto the shirt (over the pocket, sigh)...
...i ironed them on.
i then peeled off the paper to reveal wonder under's sticky surface and positioned the fabric letters directly over the fusible web letters...and ironed again.
K was very excited to wear it!
...and it's toddler-approved! :)