-->

Jul 20, 2013

a few favorite etsy finds...

i've found quite a few bits and pieces for our home on etsy, both vintage and handmade. since i love discovering new shops, i thought you might too and i decided to do a quick roundup of my favorites for you. 

starting in the entry: i framed this whimsical hello postcard by artist [oana befort] next to my diy paper-cut house. isn't it a cute welcoming message for guests?

i love how these two pieces look together, but i do want to add a few other things to this tiny grouping. i don't want to force it so this arrangement will remain a bit bare-looking until i run across something that strikes my fancy.


on the built-in near the front door sit my air plants, purchased from [my miniature garden]. they've done quite well in this spot. i just have to remember to dunk them in water for ten minutes once a week.

you can see more on my air plants here.

this adorable planter from atelier stella is on his way to me. he needs a name...looks a bit like a Ned to me. i'm going to repot our succulents on top of the other built-in.....again.....using Ned and some terra cotta pots. Ned will be the star of the show. obviously.
more on that when he gets here...!

in the front room, this vintage test tube rack from [relics antiques] holds a collection of pheasant tail feathers. the rack is a nod to fish's and my chemistry degrees. the feathers......? i just like them.
you can read about my spirograph gallery here.

this vintage oil painting by an unknown artist -- that i scored for a mere ten dollars! -- is hanging in our sunroom. next to another print by oana befort. :)

upstairs...i'm crazy about the king--sized handmade blanket i bought from [gypsya]. love-love-love-love-love!



this embroidered cancer zodiac card from [koto designs] still captivates me. it's hard to tell from the pictures, but the cardstock is  shimmery and finely glittered. and happens to be in the same color family as the wall color in our master bedroom. parfait.

unfortunately, i'm still trying to figure out the art-over-the-bed situation so i have yet to actually hang the zodiac card. the day will come though, don't worry.
read about the master bedroom wall color here.

another to-be-hung work of art from etsy: this intricate paper-cut jackalope by [catfriendo]. look at the detail! i love him so much.

this vintage russian alarm clock from [clockwork universe] sits on my vanity. it works, but i never wind it. instead, i have it set to our wedding anniversary. because i'm cheesy like that.

for K, i bought this handmade wooden name puzzle from [j and p wood products]. it's very well-crafted. i would highly recommend one as an unexpected baby shower or child's birthday gift.

also for our little guy: this letter "K" pillow from [minimetry]...
...so huggable!

now, for me...

i can't forget to mention my mari bow scarves by [betty bee infinity]! they're extremely versatile and kept me comfy-cozy warm all winter long. i'm sure i'll be ordering more this year.
i did a whole post on them -- you can read about it here.

...and i still love my aztec phone case by [happy rabbitz]. it's a unique print made with shiny, happy colors -- which makes it a bit easier to locate in the depths of my handbag. 
K dropped my phone about a week after i got the case -- the case chipped a bit at the corner, but the phone was fine.

whew!
those are just my very favorite finds --
it was so hard to narrow them down!

are there any etsy shops you think i should check out?
let me know in the comments!

* mari


6 comments:

  1. Fabulous collection. I love how everything is so different, so unique, but it all comes together beautifully. Love your style!
    Also, so honored to be a part of your favorites list. Thank you!!!! :)

    Betty Bee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah! I have a name puzzle - but there is no wodden backboard, the letters just link together. Still have it, after all these years :)

    ~K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i had a wooden name sculpture too as a kid -- they must be coming back in fashion! :)

      Delete
  3. I bought the same puzzle from J and P Wood Products for my daughter but I am taking my business elsewhere and here's why. I am a first time mom and I purchased my 1st puzzle for my 1 yr old daughter almost 1 yr ago. Since then, as babies do, they put everything in their mouth inc the letters on the puzzle (one in particular). I started noticing the wood was getting soggy and eventually started falling off. I wrote to them to see if they can improve this on their future products, if possible, and also to know if they can provide me with a replacement piece. They responded callously, holding me at fault, bearing no level of accountability, and going as far as accusing me of extortion. I could not believe it, I was appalled. I was never acknowledged as a loyal customer (I've bought 5+ puzzles), no sign of appreciation, not even a simple thank you. With customer service like that, they're bound to fail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought the same puzzle from J and P Wood Products for my daughter but I am taking my business elsewhere and here's why. I am a first time mom and I purchased my 1st puzzle for my 1 yr old daughter almost 1 yr ago. Since then, as babies do, they put everything in their mouth inc the letters on the puzzle (one in particular). I started noticing the wood was getting soggy and eventually started falling off. I wrote to them to see if they can improve this on their future products, if possible, and also to know if they can provide me with a replacement piece. They responded callously, holding me at fault, bearing no level of accountability, and going as far as accusing me of extortion. I could not believe it, I was appalled. I was never acknowledged as a loyal customer (I've bought 5+ puzzles), no sign of appreciation, not even a simple thank you. With customer service like that, they're bound to fail.

    ReplyDelete