-->

May 9, 2013

what i'm reading

i'm not sure i've ever mentioned it, but i like to read. 
correction: love to read.
a lot. 

i'm pretty good about updating my to-read, currently-reading, and read lists on goodreads. buuuuuut, just in case you don't feel the need to belong to yet another social network site ((although i would highly, highly recommend goodreads if you're a bookworm, simply for the ability to keep track of books you want to read)), i decided to start sharing the books i'm reading here. i know, it's not really related to our first home, but i like to decorate and i like to read. i can't be the only one, right???

for this inaugural what i'm reading post, i'm sharing my all-time favorite books. ...maybe i should have titled this post what i've read...?

my tastes bounce from nonfiction (love a good behind-the-scenes book) to chick lit to suspense to anything having to do with the 2007 financial crisis. 







are any of these your favorites too?

if you have a recommendation for me, please let me know in the comments! i'm always looking for new books to read...you know, after i get through the other 346 currently in my to-read pile...

* mari


4 comments:

  1. I love Goodreads! It's great for keeping track of what I've read and loved, as well as my (ever growing list of 'to reads'). f you haven't read The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield you should definitely add it to your list. It was one of my favourite reads from last year. Also Philippa Gregory's Tudor books are great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi sarah, thank you for the recs -- i will check those out!

      Delete
  2. I have been so bad this year at reading books. It's a total bummer because I love to read. Freakonomics is my husband's favorite book. I love young adult literature. I don't know why I guess I have a Peter Pan complex. Tale of Despereaux is probably my favorite from that genre.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i had an itch to read all those old sweet valley high books all over again...but it passed, lol. thanks for the book rec, i'll add it to my to-read! :)

      Delete