-->

Nov 7, 2012

DIY: gilded moose
(aka lucy-moosey gets a makeover)

<<< psst! you can see a full list of my diy projects here! >>>

[SNAPSHOT]
time : minutes
difficulty  ★  ☆ ☆  
hazards : fumes, liquid leaf addiction
would i do it again? : yes


do you remember martha stewart's liquid gilding, which i used to fancy up some halloween pumpkins?
(see similar metal leaf options from dick blick here)

it's just a tiny bit addicting.

i decided lucy moosey needed a makeover as well -- she hangs out by my computer and keeps me company while i work...and blog...and shop online...

before-before: original schleich moose

just one coat of liquid gilding later...
a shining beacon of mooseness!
hey there, good lookin'!

liquid gilding dries in minutes so you don't even have to wait long to display your new mega-expensive looking objet d'art.
p.s. yes, i know lucy is a moose BULL.

* mari
nope, you're not going crazy.
this post was reformatted in september 2013.


psst! interested in silver gilding? jennifer at {delightfully noted} makes over her deer with it! 

2 comments:

  1. Lucy is lookin' good! So you totally have me intrigued by this gilded paint thing. I have a ceramic Christmas reindeer from my parent's holiday stash that I was going to glitter up BUT now I think I may try this on him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh, that's a toss-up! i love glitter and gold equally. you should gild his body, but glitter his antlers!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.