<<< psst! you can see a full list of my diy projects here! >>>
time : minutes
difficulty : ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
would i do it again? : yes!
i was inspired by the adorable mini bunting card on paper tuesday.
...and what a fun surprise it will be for her to open THIS!
this banner was the perfect solution to a gift that needed a little something extra!
this is insanely easy to do.
warning: you'll want to start mailing packages to your next door neighbor.
> hole punch
01. type out your message on any word processing program (Word, Pages, etc.) - make sure you leave space around the letters to cut them out
ex: so instead of typing "hooray!", i typed "h o o r a y !"
02. print the message onto cardstock using a plain ol' printer (just load cardstock instead of printer paper)
03. cut out individual letters
04. punch two holes near the top of each letter...so the weight of the paper below the punches will make the message hang properly
05. thread the twine through the holes
06. on your box: cut slits in the two flaps that will be folded first when closing the box
i cut one slit down, then a small slit perpendicular for the twine to slide into
07. slide the twine into the slit and knot
08. pull your message taut, then slide twine into slit on the other flap and knot
be careful closing the box flaps before sealing -
make sure the letters don't become trapped or bent!
BEFORE: sad gift.
update: here is another gift box surprise banner i made, this time for a little boy: